Assisted Living at Weinberg Residence
- 5650 Osler Street Vancouver, BC V6M 2W9
- Access line: (604) 263-7377
- Main: (604) 261-9622
- Fax: (604) 261-9644
Assisted living services provide housing, hospitality, and personal care services for adults who can live independently and make decisions on their behalf but require a supportive environment due to physical and functional health challenges.
How to access
Assisted living is for seniors and people living with physical disabilities. To meet the following criteria for assisted living, they must:
- be able to live in residence safely, given their needs and capabilities,
- be able to make decisions on their own, or lives with a spouse who can do so on their behalf,
- be able to take steps to protect themselves or follow directions in an emergency,
- not have behaviours that jeopardize the health and safety of others,
- not require unscheduled professional health services regularly,
- not require care (i.e. dependent on caregivers for continuing assistance or direction.)
Review the general eligibility criteria and how to arrange home and community care services.
Call the Vancouver home and community care access line at (604) 263-7377 to arrange for care or have a health-care professional make a referral on your behalf.
Hours of operation
- Monday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Visiting hours are flexible. The main entrance is locked at all times, so visitors must ring reception or residents directly for access.
Parking & Transportation
There are underground parking stalls available for residents at no cost. Visitor parking is available in the underground parking, and there’s parking on the street in front of the building.
More about this service
The Weinberg Residence is a three-storey, wood-frame building built in 2003. The Weinberg Residence is operated by The Louis Brier Jewish Residence Society.