Sexual Assault Service (SAS) at Vancouver General Hospital
- 899 West 12th Avenue Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9
- Main: (604) 875-2881
Sexual assault services (SAS) provide a specially trained team of female nurses, nurse examiners, doctors and counsellors that provide care 24 hours a day.
Our services include assessment and treatment of injuries, sexually transmitted infections, and pregnancy prevention as well as forensic evidence collection and emotional support. We also provide referrals to health, legal, and community-based support services.
How to access
Medical care and emotional support are available for those aged 13 and over who have been sexually assaulted within the past seven days.
We welcome women, men, and trans-gendered survivors of sexual assault. We provide care to anyone living both within and outside of BC, including visitors from outside Canada.
Hours of operation
We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
If visiting the hospital, please check in with the unit before visiting to determine the best time for your visit and what you should do when you arrive.
How to get here
- Across from the main entrance of the Jim Pattison Pavilion is a multi-level parkade at the corner of 12th Ave. and Laurel St.
- The Gordon and Leslie Diamond Health Care Centre underground parking lot is located off Laurel St. between 12th and 10th Ave.
- Laurel St. has limited street meter parking.
- There is a wheelchair-accessible overpass from the VGH parkade at Level 4 and a crosswalk at Level 2.
- Additional parking is available at City Square Shopping Centre adjacent to Banfield Pavilion.
Download parking rates for VCH facilities.
- Nearby bus routes include 9, 17, and 99 B Line on West Broadway.
- Canada Line access from Broadway-City Hall station located at West Broadway and Cambie St. (~1km walk or use aforementioned bus routes).
More about this service
Vancouver General Hospital (VGH)
Vancouver General Hospital (VGH) offers specialized health-care services to residents in Vancouver and across the province through regional programs. We provide a full range of basic and highly specialized emergency health-care and trauma services to British Columbia.