The VGH Centre for Cardiovascular Health is a comprehensive risk reduction program for individuals who have had a heart attack, coronary angioplasty, open heart surgery, angina, and for those at risk for developing heart disease.
How to access
Leslie Diamond Women’s Heart Health Clinic
The Leslie Diamond Women’s Heart Health Clinic is a comprehensive risk reduction program for women who have heart disease or are at risk for developing heart disease. The program is for women who have had a previous cardiac event or who are at high risk of having one.
Syd and Joanne Belzberg Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinic
The Syd and Joanne Belzberg Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinic is a comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation and risk-factor reduction program for people with a recent heart attack, angina, coronary angioplasty or open heart surgery and those at risk of developing heart disease.
Get a referral
Have your family doctor or cardiologist complete the VGH Centre for Cardiovascular Health referral form and fax the completed form to (604) 875-5794.
Physicians, please submit the following information:
- Patient demographics
- Recent hospital discharge summaries
- Recent office visit dictations
- Recent surgical and procedure reports
- Recent blood work and other test results
Hours of operation
- Monday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Thursday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
For class schedules, please contact the program. We are closed on statutory holidays.
How to get here
Our clinic is located on the 6th floor of the Gordon and Leslie Diamond Health Care Centre on Laurel street.
There is pay parking available at our two visitor lots located on the VGH campus:
- Multi-level parkade at the corner of West 12th Avenue and Laurel Street, across from the main entrance of the Jim Pattison Pavilion.
- The Gordon and Leslie Diamond Health Care Centre parking lot is located off of Laurel Street between West 12th and West 13th Avenue.
There is a wheelchair-accessible overpass from the VGH parkade at Level 4 and a crosswalk at Level 2.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the Cardiac Rehab Program?
The program is 6 months. Minimum commitment is 1 month.
Is there a cost for the Cardiac Rehab Program?
The program costs $100 per month. Financial subsidy is available to those with financial barriers.
Vancouver General Hospital (VGH)
Vancouver General Hospital (VGH) offers specialized health-care services to residents in Vancouver and across the province through regional programs. We provide a full range of basic and highly specialized emergency health-care and trauma services to British Columbia.