Words of encouragement or well wishes are important in keeping spirits up. A number of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) hospitals offer a volunteer-run well wishes program that lets you send messages by email to friends or family during their hospital stay.
How to send by email
Check that you have all the information you need
You must include the following patient details so your well wishes are delivered to the right person:
- Patient’s first and last name
- Room number, unit or location - If you do not have the patient's room number or location, you will need to call the hospital the patient is in and ask for the room number and location details. If the patient is in the Intensive Care Unit, it may limit or not allow items from the outside to be brought in. If the patient is in the ICU, ask to be connected to that unit to ask if your email would be allowed before sending it.
Write your message
Send your message and the required information to the qathet General Hospital Well Wishes Program.
Email the Well Wishes Program at WellWishesPR@vch.ca.
Hours of operation
- Monday: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Thursday: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Friday: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Visiting hours may vary depending on the unit. Please call the qathet General Hospital main line at (604) 485-3211 to determine visiting times before your visit.
This program delivers email messages only.
If you'd like to send your message by mail, you will need to send it yourself through the regular postal service. Address your letter with the patient's name, room number/unit/location, name of the hospital, and full address.
qathet General Hospital
qathet General Hospital (formerly Powell River General Hospital) is a 33-bed facility providing services that include surgery, endoscopy, ICU, obstetrics, in-patient psychiatry, oncology, emergency and diagnostic services.
Well Wishes Program
Words of encouragement or well wishes are important in keeping spirits up. A number of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) hospitals offer a volunteer-run well wishes program that lets you send messages by email to friends or family during their hospital stay. Your message will be printed, sealed and delivered by one of our volunteers within two business days.