Youth and young adult drop-in clinics serve youth aged 12-24 and provide medical, sexual or mental health services on a drop-in or ongoing basis.
How to access
Our clinic serves youth aged 12-24 who live on the North Shore. This geographical area includes Lions Bay and Bowen Island. Our clinic is staffed by Nurse Practitioners, family GP’s, an OAT nurse, a Primary Care Nurse and a Social Worker.
Primary care and sexual health services are available during regular clinic drop-in hours. The last patient is taken one hour before closing.
Hours of operation
- Monday: 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Tuesday: 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Wednesday: 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Thursday: 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Friday: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
The last patient is taken one hour before closing.
Three ways we provide service
- Drop in one-off medical and sexual health services. The sexual health services include; STI testing and treatment, pregnancy testing, IUS and Nexplanon insertions, emergency contraception and dispensing contraceptives. Medical drop-ins can be for any medical need. These clients who do not receive longitudinal care can be from outside of our catchment area.
- We also share care with GPs in the community. Our clinic will provide care for a specific medical need and then return the client (with a treatment plan) to the care of their GP once they are stabilized. Many clients we see for shared care have complex mental health or are coming for gender-affirming care services.
- The third way we see clients is to be their Most Responsible Provider (MRP). For these clients, we are their “GP” and they will come to our clinic for all of their medical care. They will be d/c’ed when they age out or move out of the catchment.
Foundry North Shore
Foundry North Shore is where any youth or parent in our community can easily access the help they need when they need it. It is an integrated youth and family initiative that will transform how mental health and substance use services are delivered on the North Shore, providing early intervention to support young people's well-being.