Cardiac interventional procedure units provide angiography, angioplasty, structural heart valve and electrophysiology procedures, pacemaker, and defibrillator implants.
What to expect
The cardiac cathlab provides angiography, angioplasty, structural heart valve and electrophysiology procedures, pacemaker, and defibrillator implants.
- X-ray angiography is a diagnostic method used to identify coronary circulation and heart function issues and assess pulmonary hypertension.
- Angioplasty is the process of treatment using balloons and specialized metal tubes (stents) to open blockages.
- Structural heart valve procedures include Transcatheter Aortic Valve Insertion (TAVI), balloon valvuloplasty and Left Atrial Appendage Closures (LAAC).
- Electro physiology is the study and treatment of abnormal heart rhythms.
- Implant defibrillator and pacemaker devices with x-ray guidance into the heart. These help control abnormal heart rates and rhythms.
Learn more on the VGH Cathlab website.