Pool Construction Permits

The Pool Regulation requires a construction permit for building or any alternation to a pool, hot tubs or spray parks. A licensed or certified architect or engineer must complete and submit the construction permit application on behalf of the pool operator. For minor alterations to existing pools, such as changes to drain covers, filters, pumps and chlorinators, the operator should discuss with their Environmental Health Officer to determine whether a construction permit or waiver is appropriate.

How to access

  1. Review the pool construction permit submission requirements to ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner.
  2. Send your completed application package to the Public Health Engineer as indicated in the submission requirements.

Download the pool construction permit submission requirements and application form.