In 2013/2014 we consulted with Downtown Eastside (DTES) community members, VCH staff and agencies to find out how services could be improved on the DTES.
More than 65 ideas were submitted through our “Invitation to Innovate” process. This input is reflected in the DTES Second Generation Strategy Design Paper released in February 2015 to address the evolving needs of people living on Vancouver’s DTES.
The design paper identifies several opportunities to improve services on the DTES including:
- Strengthened relationships with partners
- Expanded care teams and competencies
- Integrated services for better coordinated care
- Alignment of services with client demand
- Achieved performance excellence
Read the fullDTES Second Generation Health System Strategy Design Paper