Youth clinics on the North Shore offer confidential health services in a youth-friendly environment to individuals under 20 years old. Clinics are staffed by trained public health nurses and physicians. Youth are welcome to drop-in; no referrals or identification are required.
There is no charge for the visit and birth control is free until you turn 19 years of age.No. No referrals or identification are required.Youth clinics on the North Shore see youth up to and including 19 years old.Yes. No records will be given out to anyone without your permission. No information about your visit will be given to anyone but you.Public Health Nurses are available to provide resources and support to school staff to teach health based curriculum on a wide range of topics. Please contact the public health nurse assigned to your school to discuss your needs at (604) 983-6700.
- Birth control options (free for school-aged youth)
- Condoms and water-based lubricant
- Emergency contraception
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing, diagnosis, treatment and prevention counselling for both males and females
- Pregnancy testing and non-biased options counselling
- General health information
- Referrals to other services such as counselling for mental health, addictions and disordered eating