Community Bargaining Association (CBA) members
The Health Employers Association of BC (HEABC) and the Community Bargaining Association (CBA) have ratified a new collective agreement, retroactive to April 1, 2022. We are working hard to implement the new provisions outlined in the collective agreement, prioritizing changes that best support you. You will find specific information on the new collective agreement on this page.
As part of the new agreement are general wage increases for employees:
- April 1, 2022 – an additional $0.25 per hour, plus a 3.24% increase
- April 1, 2023 – a 5.5% increase and up to 1.25% cost of living adjustment (COLA)
- April 1, 2024 – a guaranteed 2% increase and up to 1% COLA
For non-community health workers, afternoon shift premiums ($0.25/hour of afternoon shift hours worked) are effective April 1, 2023. For community health workers, the afternoon shift premium is in development, and retroactive payment will commence once implemented.
Weekend shift premiums ($0.50/hour of weekend shift worked) have been implemented. The new on-call rate of $3.40 came into effect on April 1, 2023.
|Afternoon shift premium||$0.25 per hour||in development|
|Weekend shift premium||$0.50 per hour||$0.50 per hour|
|On-call premium||$3.40 per hour||$3.40 per hour|
Increased vacation time and enhanced vehicle allowance
Employees earn one additional day of vacation each year
- 1 – 4 years of service – from 15 to 16 days
- 5 years of service – from 19 to 20 days
- 6-9 years of service – from 20 to 21 days
Accrual begins on July 1, 2023. CSA members may also now hold back 5 days of vacation in the planning process.
CRA Rates for 2023:
- $0.68 per kilometre for the first 5,000 kilometres driven
- $0.62 per kilometre driven after that
Per-kilometre allowance will be tied to the Canada Revenue Agency.
In recognition of the thirteenth statutory holiday, National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, stat pay in lieu for regular part-time and casual employees will be increased.
We will continue to provide updates as we work on implementing other provisions of the new collective agreement.