At Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), we have dynamic work opportunities for physiotherapists to work with interdisciplinary teams across various practice areas and specialty units.
Physiotherapists (PT) contribute their knowledge and expertise in a number of clinical areas. These areas include, but are not limited to, musculoskeletal, neurological, spinal cord injury, cardio-respiratory, gerontology, burns, hand therapy, mental health and chronic disease management.
Where you may work
We offer diverse opportunities for physiotherapists, encompassing various settings like clinics, hospitals, urban, rural, coastal, and mountain settings. Areas of care include:
- Acute care and emergency
- Rehabilitation and transitional care
- Ambulatory clinics/outpatients
- Student lead clinics
- Community Home Health
- Long-term care
- Mental health and substance use
- Child and youth school-based programs
You'll have the opportunity to work in a variety of clinical practice areas, including:
- Orthopedics and Musculoskeletal
- Medicine and Surgery
- Geriatrics/Seniors Health
- Mental Health
- Health Promotion and Prevention
- Chronic Disease Management
Why join Vancouver Coastal Health?
- Supportive, world-class team who delivers exceptional care to all
- Career growth with access to education reimbursements and paid educational leave
- Competitive salaries and strong premiums and allowances
- Comprehensive health benefits, work-life balance and wellness support
- Multi-disciplinary team-based care
- Full range of lifestyle and career opportunities, in diverse health care settings
Meet the Team
“I love the patients and team members I get to work with on a daily basis. Our team is very collaborative and I feel supported in my role every day.”
Taylor Wilson, Physiotherapist, Squamish General HospitalMeet Taylor
Featured Program: New Grad Program
VCH is pleased to offer new graduate physiotherapists support and learning opportunities to enhance their confidence and competence as they transition to independent practice.
The program will include up to 400 supernumerary hours and the option to rotate to multiple areas tailored to individual learning needs along with a gradual increase in caseload. New grads will also have access to the new grad educator in addition to the entire practice team, including clinical resource therapists in the areas of neurology, senior’s health, musculoskeletal and cardiorespiratory, practice coordinators and practice leader.
New Grad PT Educator can provide:
- On-call clinical guidance
- Support with clinical skills and decision-making, resource finding, and emotional well-being
- Hands-on assistance with direct patient care
- Education on PT Foundational Skills
- Clinical discussions
- Booked time to review clinical questions
- New Grad Community of Practice
Meet the Team
“One of the most rewarding ways I’ve been supported is through reaching out to the Clinical Resource Therapists."
Caitlin Millham, New Grad Physiotherapist, Vancouver General HospitalMeet Caitlin
Professional development opportunities for Physiotherapists
VCH is dedicated to the professional development of our physiotherapists. Our physiotherapy leadership team is unique in that it has physiotherapy practice coordinators, dedicated full-time clinical resource therapists and a dedicated new grad PT educator, to provide you with mentorship, regular education and one on one support to help you achieve your professional goals. We encourage and support staff to expand their skills by being involved in research, teaching, leadership development and experiencing new practice areas.
We also have recently increased the resources within our clinical education department to better support physiotherapy students and preceptors, regional orientation and the roll-out of regional practice initiatives which our regional Physiotherapy clinical educator will support.
Research and financial support opportunities
Team Grans Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI)
VCHRI Research Challenge
Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research Scholar
HSA bursary & scholarships
Dick Martin Scholarship