Cancer refers to any one of a large number of diseases characterized by the development of abnormal cells that divide uncontrollably and can infiltrate and destroy normal body tissue. Cancer can often spread throughout your body and is the second-leading cause of death in the world.
Find useful information on HealthLink BC such as treatment options and tips for living with cancer.
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer in Men (Male Breast Cancer)
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Breast Cancer Screening: When Should I Start Having Mammograms?
- Breast Cancer Types
- Breast Cancer, Metastatic or Recurrent
- Breast Cancer: Lymph Node Surgery for Staging Cancer
- Breast Cancer: Should I Have Breast Reconstruction After a Mastectomy?
- Breast Cancer: Should I Have Breast-Conserving Surgery or a Mastectomy for Early-Stage Cancer?
- Breast Cancer: Should I Have Chemotherapy for Early-Stage Breast Cancer?
- Breast Cancer: What Should I Do if I'm at High Risk?
- Choosing a Prosthesis After Breast Cancer Surgery
- Hormone Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer
- Learning About Breast Cancer Surgery
- Reducing Cancer Risk When You Are BRCA-Positive
- Body Image After Cancer Treatment
- Cancer: Controlling Nausea and Vomiting From Chemotherapy
- Eating Well During Cancer Treatment
- Hair Loss From Cancer Treatment
- Lymphedema: Managing Lymphedema
- Radiation Treatment for Cancer
- Side Effects of Chemotherapy
- Colon Cancer Genetic Testing
- Colon Cancer: What Raises Your Risk
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer Test Recommendations
- Colorectal Cancer, Metastatic or Recurrent
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Cancer Risk
- Cancer Support: Being an Active Patient
- Cancer Support: Coping With Cancer Treatments
- Cancer Support: Dealing With Emotions and Fears
- Cancer Support: Family, Friends, and Relationships
- Cancer Support: Finding Out That You Have Cancer
- Cancer Support: Life After Treatment
- Cancer Support: Managing Stress
- Cancer Support: When Your Cancer Comes Back or Gets Worse
- Cancer: Home Treatment for Constipation
- Cancer: Home Treatment for Diarrhea
- Cancer: Home Treatment for Fatigue
- Cancer: Home Treatment for Mouth Sores
- Cancer: Home Treatment for Sleep Problems
- Asbestos and Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer and Other Lung Problems From Smoking
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Cervical Cancer
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer
- Family History and the Risk for Breast or Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer: Should I Have My Ovaries Removed to Prevent Ovarian Cancer?
- Cancer Pain
- Cancer: Controlling Cancer Pain
- Cancer: Home Treatment for Pain
- Heat and Cold Treatment for Cancer Pain
- Radiation Therapy for Cancer Pain
Pancreatic, Liver & Kidney Cancer
- Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer
- Cryosurgery for Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Prostate Cancer, Advanced or Metastatic
- Prostate Cancer: Should I Choose Active Surveillance?
- Prostate Cancer: Should I Have Radiation or Surgery for Localized Prostate Cancer?
- Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer
- Urinary Problems and Prostate Cancer
- Metastatic Melanoma
- Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer: Comparing Treatments
- Radiation Therapy for Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
- Skin Cancer Screening
- Skin Cancer, Melanoma
- Skin Cancer, Non-Melanoma
- Skin Cancer: Protecting Your Skin
- Testicular Cancer
- Testicular Cancer Screening
- Testicular Cancer: Which Treatment Should I Have for Stage I Non-Seminoma Testicular Cancer After My Surgery?
- Testicular Cancer: Which Treatment Should I Have for Stage I Seminoma Testicular Cancer After My Surgery?