Stan Stronge Pool is a fully accessible, warm-water therapeutic pool. It is ideal for anyone who has difficulty with mobility and cannot access a public facility.
How to access
Community clients who meet the admission criteria are welcome to attend Stan Stronge Pool only after they have completed an application/referral process.
Individuals wishing to access Stan Stronge Pool must meet one of the following criteria:
- Clients have a physical limitation that prevents the successful use of a community pool;
- Clients who require post-operative rehabilitation following surgeries such as hip replacement, shoulder surgery, knee surgery or back surgery; or
- Children who are unsuccessful in participating in community programs and facilities due to their disabilities.
All individuals must be able to demonstrate behaviour appropriate in a public facility and not pose a risk to themselves or others.
Get a referral
Interested clients must complete an application form and a waiver of liability. The application form requires medical information and identification of potential contraindications and must be signed by a physician.
Hours of operation
- Monday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am to 2:30 pm
- Sunday: Closed
Parking & Transportation
This site can be accessed by public transit on Oak Street or Cambie Street. Free parking is available at 780 West 57th Avenue.
We offer a wide range of services, including drop-in swim times, Water Works exercise classes, George Pearson resident swim times, Ai Chi, post-polio class, Watsu treatment sessions and Vancouver Park Board swim times.
Community therapists are welcome to use Stan Stronge Pool to work with their clients in community programs.
Certified lifeguards operate Stan Stronge Pool with backgrounds in Kinesiology, Physical Education and Recreation Therapy.
- Temperature 33C (92F)
- Depth 1m to 1.5m (3ft - 5ft)
- Dimensions 5m x 10m (20 x 40ft)
- Temperature: 39C (102F)
- The hot tub entrance is from the main pool
George Pearson Centre
Built in 1952, George Pearson Centre is located in a 7.7 hectare park-like setting. Resident amenities are ground floor, with the exception of the Stan Strong pool, which has an elevator to access.