The Alzheimer's disease and related disorders clinic provides assessment, diagnosis, care and support for patients with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders and their families.
The Clinic team includes: geriatrics, neuropsychology, neurology, social work, geriatric psychiatry, genetic counselling, and neuropathology.
- Diagnosis of Alzheimer disease and related disorders.
- Information about the natural history and known causes of the diagnosed disorder.
- Information about available treatments for specific symptoms.
- Counselling for strategies for coping with the day to day difficulties which occur due to mental changes.
- Opportunities for involvement with research including clinical trials.
- Information for patients and caregivers regarding support groups, financial and legal issues, care facilities, adult day programs, and other support services such as the Continuing Care Program and the Alzheimer Society of BC.