If you see a used needle/syringe in Vancouver, please call the hotline at 604.657.6561 or email email@example.com
. Staff will go to the area, and safely collect and dispose of the needle.
If you see a used needle/syringe outside of Vancouver, here’s how to safely dispose of it:
- Don’t touch the needle with your bare hands – get the proper equipment: rubber or leather gloves, tongs or pliers, puncture-resistant plastic container.
- Transfer the needle to the container. Using tongs or pliers pick up the needle and place it in the container.
- Secure the lid on the container.
- Wash your hands and gloves.
- Return to any community health centre.
We also provide needle exchange services at several locations across the VCH region for anyone wanting to dispose of used needles in a safe and legal way.
Needles can be dropped off at the sites listed at the links below.