Vancouver Coastal Health’s (VCH) People First Awards took place last Wednesday, June 24 to celebrate our outstanding staff.
The People First Awards recognizes team members who go above and beyond to support their patients, client and residents or their colleagues in delivering high-quality care.
14 individuals and teams were recognized out of more than 80 nominations in five categories.
Cassidy Jones, a member of the Community Engagement Advisory Network (CEAN), was a part of the selection process.
Cassidy felt that reviewing the nominations reminded him of how big an impact the VCH team has on the community.
“Without your tireless work and dedication, the organization as a whole would not be where it is,” said Cassidy, “You really do have an impact on people for a long time forward into their lives.”
People First Award categories
There are five categories for the People First Awards:
- Excellence in Patient-Centred Care: This award is for an individual who goes above and beyond to support their patients, clients or residents in the delivery of high quality care and services while upholding professional standards.
- Excellence in Teamwork and Collaboration: This award is for a team that has come together to problem-solve, break down boundaries and/or create new relationships, finding sustainable solutions to health care challenges.
- Excellence Everyday – The Unsung Hero: This award is for an individual who has consistently gone above and beyond without fanfare to the benefit of the organization and the people around them, whether they are patients or fellow staff members.
- Excellence in Innovation: This award is for an individual who uses their courage and creativity to bring forward innovative solutions that challenge the status quo, improve quality and move us toward a more sustainable health care system.
- Excellence in Leadership: This award is for a respected, compassionate leader who inspires their peers and team with their thirst for excellence.