Youth Clinic at Powell River Community Health Centre
- 5000 Joyce Ave, Third floor Powell River, BC V8A 5R3
- Call or text for more information: 604-223-7283
- Fax: (604) 485-3305
Youth Clinics provide drop-in, confidential health consultation for all youth (male, female and 2SLGBTIA+) without needing an appointment.
Hours of operation
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: Closed
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Hours may change - call for more information.
Parking & Transportation
Free parking is available.
Getting here by ferry
qathet General Hospital is two ferry rides away from the City of Vancouver.
Take the Langdale ferry from the Horseshoe Bay Terminal. Ferry schedules can be found at: http://bcferries.com. Drive up the Sunshine Coast along Hwy 101 from Langdale to Earl's Cove. Take the Saltery Bay ferry from Earl's Cove.
From the Saltery Bay ferry terminal, travel along Hwy 101 for approximately 20 km until you reach a "Welcome to Powell River" sign. Continue inside the city limits until you reach a street with a right-hand lane and a store/gas station called Pacific Point Market. At the corner on your right, turn right. You are now on Joyce Avenue. Follow Joyce Avenue through four sets of stoplights. Approximately 1 km past the fourth light, you will approach the hospital on the right.
Getting here by air
Contact Pacific Coastal Airlines by e-mail at www.pacific-coastal.com or by telephone at 1-800-663-2872 for schedules of flights from Vancouver.
More about services at this location
We offer confidential drop-in health services to youth up to age 24.
- Free or low-cost birth control options (including IUD and Nexplanon insertion and removal)
- Emergency contraceptive pills
- Pregnancy testing, options counselling, and referrals
- STI and HIV testing and treatment
- Smoking and vaping cessation support
- Harm reduction and safer substance using supplies including Narcan kits
- Mental health support and referrals
More about this service
qathet General Hospital
qathet General Hospital (formerly Powell River General Hospital) is a 33-bed facility providing services that include surgery, endoscopy, ICU, obstetrics, in-patient psychiatry, oncology, emergency and diagnostic services.