The Cognitive Assessment and Rehabilitation for Substance Use program (CARSU) offers assessment and treatment services for individuals experiencing cognitive challenges related to substance use, including alcohol.
What to expect
The program helps people with cognitive impairment and their support person to have a better understanding of their needs and teaches strategies to improve their quality of life..
You don't need to quit drugs or alcohol to be a part of this program.
Check location for contact information and details on how to get referred.
- Assessment: Learn about your brain's strengths and weaknesses to be more functional in your daily life.
- Treatment: Improve your thinking skills by doing brain exercises, strategy and lifestyle improvements.
- Consultation: Stay connected with your current support network in the community. We can connect you to extra support if needed.
Who we are
We are a diverse team, made up of:
- Occupational Therapists,
- Social Workers,
- Neuropsychologists and
How to access
- Speak with your doctor: Talk to your doctor about a referral to CARSU via fax at (604) 244-5487.
- Self-refer: Call the Richmond Mental Health Central Intake at (604) 204-1111 to refer yourself to the program
Where we meet you
- Your home
- In the commuity
- CARSU clinic at Richmond Place
- Video call
- Phone call
We welcome family members to be involved.