Need help immediately?
The Neuropsychiatry Program treats adults with brain injuries or diseases causing serious disturbances in behaviour, mood, intellectual abilities or thinking processes and somatoform disorders.
What to expect
The BC Neuropsychiatry Program includes inpatient and outpatient services.
- Inpatient services are provided in two locations: UBC Hospital (10 bed open unit) & Hillside Centre in Kamloops (12 bed closed unit).
- Outpatient services is located at UBC Hospital.
Conditions we treat
Some of the conditions the programs treat are:
- Parkinson's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Head injury
- Anoxic and metabolic brain injuries
- Tourette's syndrome
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Neurological Disease
- Unresponsive states (ex. Catatonia)
- Movement disorders
- Somatoform Disorder
- Conversion Disorder